Friday, July 2, 2010

Yes, I am back! finally!

It has been a long and hard 4 months with many factors thrown in and rather than moan and groan about it, I am going to just say, I AM BACK! I would like to think I can finally get to grips with writing this regularly but we will see.

I have not done a whole lot of crafting over the last couple months but there are certainly a few bits I can put up here. Firstly there was Mothers Day, the 2 cards that follow are the ones I made for my Mum and my MIL. The Kimono one was made from the cricut cartridge 'Pagoda' and the butterflies are from 'Hannah Montana' I really never thought I would use a Hannah Montana cartridge, but as it came free with another I took it, and to be honest its probably one of my most used cartridges. I find the alphabet selection on it really good.
I made this next card, for one of my sisters who was so wonderful to me recently when she came over to Florida from the UK to look after me when I recently had some surgery. I will be eternally grateful to her for doing that. I was misbehaving for a while and not taking the right medications etc so my DH decided she had to put on her Matrons hat and sort me out! well she did and it is thanks to her that I made the recovery I did. The least I could do was to make her this card. For those of you have ever met my sister I obviously had to add some bling, hence the crystals on the Dr's bag!

Welcome to the family Alex John Wetherall! As you can see we had a new addition to the extended family, I think he is my DH 2nd cousin but I may be wrong. (someone will correct me I am sure if I am) I used the babygros / onsies from New Arrival and the letters are form HM (I think).

This last item is a real shocker to all of my family ! I have ALWAYS said I can't and I won't sew ! Well, my Mum came to visit ( another Florence Nightingale in my time of need) and for some reason I got a real urge to learn to sew! I don't know who was more surprised, My Mum, Me or John? We took a little trip to Walmart where I bought half and got gifted half (early b'day) the most basic sewing machine and some fabric. Once home I took my 1st lesson as a grown up and made this makeup bag, yes I actually made this ! I have already gone on and made another one the same, but Gator fabric and once Mum had gone home I followed her instructions and made myself a bag, A real over the shoulder bag. I am very happy to have started doing some sewing, BUT it will never take over my love of paper crafts and please don't ask me to hand sew, unless you want to hear me ********

Well having finally got around to writing again, I guess I need to get this posted.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope to be back much sooner this time.

Sue

1 comment: