Thursday, August 6, 2009

A mid week update

Thought I would take a few mins to just update my blog with a few extra pictures that are around. As I said before I have been busy making some of these Paper Dolls for people at work, so here are some more examples. All of these have been made to order. The 'Kiss' ones are for the husband of a work friend who is obsessed with the band.




This one is of Jason, another Brit at work who has an obsession with 'skips' so I took an empty packet and tried the old trick of shrinking it in the oven. It didn't work quite as well as I expected but you get the idea.


I might add , he wanted to be done with a miserable face, it was not my interpretation of how he looked.


This one is supposed to be Dr Who, Peter Davison, again for someone at work. I think this one turned out well when you compare it to the pictures of him I could find on the internet.

Now for a couple of cards I have made, this was for a friend who is expecting her 1st baby, which is obvioulsy going to be a girl ( well lets hope so now !)


This is my MIL's birthday card for this year, I am finding harder and harder to make for the family as I am worried I will repeat a style, mind you with my family I am sure they would soon let me know !

Thanks to all the people over on the Cricut message board I have also been picking up general craft ideas and playing around with them. This was my 1st 'Post It' holder and was so easy to do. Again I made this for a Jason, my Brit friend at work. It sits very nicely on his desk and as yet it has not been stolen, broken or removed, which is nothing short of a miracle ! I am beginning to take orders all over the place of these as early gifts for Christmas, so get your order in now if your interested. You can have any colours or designs including most 'Disney Characters'

Well I guess I better stop rambling and get on with some more work. Really getting excited now as family arrive in just 6 days. I also hope to catch up with an old 'pen friend' I have known since I was 11 who happens to be coming to Orlando for a holiday. I have not met up with Jacqui for more years than I care to think about so it will be a nice opportunity to see how our lives have changed. All this excitment in 1 week ! I better start getting some early nights. Will try to post again at the weekend.




1 comment:

  1. I think that all of your cards are fantastic ad that you should be very proud of them!!! J

    ReplyDelete